This is post made to the YouTube channel of Fighting Atheist
Click here for link
PurpleSupernova
This might regarded as semantical hairsplitting, but here goes: Why are you not an agnostic, as opposed to an atheist? An atheist, to me, is saying "I KNOW there is NO God." That's all-but-impossible to prove. How do you know there is no God? -- he might be in hiding behind my sofa :0) On the other hand, saying "I'm not sure if there is a God (or some sort of subsuming consciousness) is far more tenable position, in my view. I totally "get" the idea of acknowledging religion's areas of craziness, but I don't see how that leads to necessarily ruling out the POSSIBILITY of there being a greater intelligence at work (i.e., agnosticism). Not buying into religion doesn't mean there is necessarily no God-like intelligence in creation.
.
21 August 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment