Link to my post to a Scientific American blog
C'mon, Jeremy, don't take offense because the author was saying gluten-intolerant people must avoid certain foods. Of course the author was referring to ordinarily encountered edibles, such as communion wafers, bagels, and so forth. Obviously, specially-made versions of these things can be arranged; but, practically speaking, yes, it is true that gluten-intolerant people cannot eat these items. I am speaking from experience, as one who is quite hard-of-hearing. For all intents and purposes, I cannot go to movie theaters to take in a motion picture - though if I am really motivated to see a movie, I have workarounds, such as thoroughly reading a plot synopsis before the movie, and bringing along a printed script to follow along with at the movie theater. But I am not offended if one says of me, "He can no longer watch movies in the theater." That is a fair and very useful generalization.
.
10 May 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment