13 July 2012

Post to article "The Case for an Older Woman"

Post to this page on the Cupid website (turns out the post didn't go up because comments were closed for the article):

This is my working assumption:

Older women are more often after the bucks.  (PC term: Financial security).

Older men are after the f---s. (PC term: "Attractivenss.")

If you dispute this, ask yourself:  How many silver-haired well-to-do senior women do you see with attractive 30-something males?  Very hard to find.

But, how many silver-haired well-to-do men do you see with attractive 30-something females.  Easy to find.

One wants bucks.  The other wants f---s.

BTW, I am a 55 y.o. male.

Decades ago, Grace Slick said: "No one [e.g., no male] wants to f--- anything [e.g., a female] over 50."  Of course, there are isolated exceptions, but this very powerful rule of thumb is oh-so-valid.

This reality is based in biology.  Once the child-bearing years have passed, so does female attractiveness.  It is what it is.

That said, the love of my life is over 50, and I am so bonded to her that it wouldn't matter if she very elderly -- there is no one I would rather curl up with.  Nobody.

But, if she passed on, I would not be attracted to women older than me.  It would be way too much like having sex with my mother or grandmother.  My visceral reaction is, "Yuck!"  It is what it is.

To recap:

Older women want the bucks.

Older men want the f---s.
.

No comments: