The Beatles were just master songwriters, period -- and, as John said (paraphrased), "No one can deliver our songs as well as we can," which is entirely true... I have NEVER heard a cover of a Beatles song that was better than the original Beatles' version. So, the Beatles wrote the best songs, and delivered them better than anyone. They are the best. I can't believe the mediocre gimmicky crap we have to put up with these days. Lady Gaga is playing Halloween dress-up. Eminem is a glorified button-pusher. Madonna missed her calling as a director of marketing for a burlesque show. Thank god we have the Beatles to fall back on. I feel sorry for the young listeners who have bonded to such half-assed mickey mouse sonic wallpaper that gets put out today. It's like being brought up without sufficient nutrients and having your growth stunted. Aesthetic malnutrition.
Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-greatest-beatles-songs-20110919/dig-a-pony-19691231#ixzz26Mv2OFHP
.
13 September 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment