21 December 2012

Post about infidelity PTSD

i had a very dear girlfriend take on a man and marry him, while doing stuff right in front of me. This was all abrupt. At the time I buried the emotional electrocution. Get this: 30 YEARS later [30 YEARS!] later, it is all surfacing with flashbacks, heart palpitations, intrusive thinking every waking hour. Amazing, unbelievable -- but too true. I almost couldn't believe it was happening -- but I couldn't ignore it! It has taken me over a year to sort this all out -- not get over it, but sort it out. This is what brought me to this book. (BTW, I am a high-functioning successful person -- not a whiner or a malingerer.) Believe me, cheating is an act of domestic violence, whether you are married, and even if you aren't committed but just dating. Guys and gals, have the common decency to formally terminate a relationship before dropping your pants for someone else.

No comments: