I have been consistently perplexed and vexed by the knee-jerk mob ignorance of others regarding vaccinations, Scientology, GMOs, etc. I have spent much time trying to sort out the mechanisms at play in these defiant, righteous displays of self-destructive mass misunderstanding, especially among those whom we might suppose would not fall prey to these deeply pernicious errors in judgement (such a highly educated people in affluent areas). I have made many posts to forums online about this subject, and am frustrated and fascinated, at the intractability of these boggling displays of blinders-on incomprehension.My efforts to trace the psychoemotional pathways of this disorder have been abetted by the book:The Panic Virus: The True Story Behind the Vaccine/Autism Controversy
In addition to thoroughly addressing the vaccine/autism controversy, including the history behind it (which goes back many hundreds of years) the author delves into why, in general, human beings consistently make such errors in thinking.
No comments:
Post a Comment