25 January 2015

Post about auto-replace word processor

http://www.writersdigest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=74716&p=571825#p571825

Hi:

I suck as a typist. I mistype nearly every word. 

I'm looking for a word processing program that is a good fit for my atrocious typing.

A normal word processor is good, as far as it goes: it underlines my mistyped words. Trouble is, since I mistype almost every word, I have to MANUALLY fix almost all the words from a menu of suggested changes, or type in the changes myself. Time consuming!

What I want is a word processor that AUTOMATICALLY drops in a suggested change, and underlines where it did so. 

Of course, the computer will often guess wrong. However, when it guesses right, I won't have to manually instruct the computer to make the change. Major time saver!

I am not talking about an auto-complete feature. I am talking about what could be called an "auto replace" or “suggested replacement” feature.

Has anyone seen this feature? I want it!

TY in advance :)

(I'd also like to see a way to quickly toggle back and forth from original typing to suggested corrections.)

James

No comments: