
we tried to get the Jimmy Page performance at the Olympics the next morning on you tube.
The performance was blocked due to copyright restrictions.
However I found an unblocked video of the performance deep in the list of selections that came when I "Googled" You Tube for the performance.
I was disrespecting the institution of whomever owned the rights (probably NBC or MSNBC?)
|
I felt like the Visigoths overwhelming Rome's defenses and sacking their riches.
I felt moral walls being breached.
I realize that my fascination is with the "tipping point" when people scruples walls are breached.
I recalled Winston Churchill praising the grit and fiber of the British people under the bombardment of the Nazis.
I remember, though, that he said had the bombing gone on much longer, their character would've crumbles (from History of WWII -- or something like that)
I see the survival instinct that is one of the greatest walls that hold together one's ego and character. Sex is strong too.
I lost the following train of thought but I am knowing that it can be retrieved when my mind makes "a bus stop " in that neck of the woods in my brain, so i will write (wright) a few notes here to trigger the remembrance.
The survival instinct is where one's petty resolutions of loving everyone equally crumbles. If you have to eat the baby to keep the strong members of the family alive, a lot of people would do it. there's also that mind experiment which goes something like this (click for link):" you are on a train. you are going to fork off onto the wrong track, which will kill hundreds of passengers. If you can free the train of a certain amount of weight. you can do this a certain socially acceptable way (which I can't remember right now) or you can shove a 300-pound fat man ofF the train, saving everybody. it is extremely difficult for the average person to push the fat man off because of the social repercussions. they are literally dying of embarrassment.
There is a way to make it so your moral social and sexual walls do not become a factor in you decision making. It is by being convinced you continue on with awareness after bodily death. It is also by tapping into the enormous love on the other side. it then doesn't seem like a to-the-death survival issued when you are forgoing sex of reputation or your head! as happened so often int the middle ages.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment