The victory of Prop 8 in California will not stop gays from forming committed relationships.
Gays have been pairing up for all of recorded history. No government has succeeded in preventing this. At best, it just gets driven underground.
The gays I know (I am straight) are solid citizens. They raise children, mow the lawn, lend support to civic events, etc.
Piece of friendly advice: You can't legislate morality.
While I am not a member of LDS, I lived in Murray, Utah for some time. I have "talked up" Mormons consistently to others, lauding how dynamic and responsible Mormons are.
I hold Mormons in high esteem.
But I do think that throwing huge amounts of money at trying to legislate away a natural force -- i.e., gays pairing up -- is like trying to stop a tsunami with a pea shooter, or to campaign for the elimination of the color red. It is physically impossible to win those battles.
Thanks for listening,
Purple Neon Lights
.
15 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment