07 July 2009

Comment on Article Skewering Goldman Sachs

This was a post in response to an article in Rolling Stone skewering Goldman Sachs, a malignant money-making machine.

Here is a link to the article

Here's my post:

PurpleNeonLights | July 8, 2009 2:34 AM EST
Bravo, Matt! You are global treasure.

I have been wanting to see Goldman Sachs get publicly pilloried for a long time. They are bloodsuckers who do nothing for humanity but feed their morally diseased egos. The only possible way to stop these ethical amputees is through either brute force, or possibly--POSSIBLY--acute embarrassment, especially in front of their families.

I know a thing or two about sucking money in the service of no one but myself. For a couple of years, I was a solo full-time blackjack player and advantage slot machine player. I did what Goldman Sachs does, but on a tiny scale. I found the equivalent of bubbles and milked them, sucking the money of clueless gamblers. One example was a certain type of slot machine that I started fanging into in the late 1990s, involving side jackpots. One of the early ones was called "Piggies" or something like that. It was like a normal slot machine, which is 100% a sucker's bet, except for that it had a side jackpot that would build up in a digital piggybank. Math heads figured out that when the piggybank got full enough, it was became advantageous to sit down and start pumping coins into the piggy machine.

The way you did this was you'd cruise the casino, looking for a piggy machine with a high enough balance on the piggybank display to warrant a session. Sometimes, if you saw someone feeding the machine, you'd wait in the background, hoping they'd give up, leaving a big balance in the piggybank. If they got up and left, bitchin'! Slide into their chair and play until the bank busts.

Part of why I quit gambling for a living is that I felt hollow doing nothing for anyone else, and living off the ignorance of rank-and-file gamblers. Ideally, in the business world, when money changes hands, there should be some sort of "offspring." For example, if I give you $200,000, we should end up seeing a house being built.

With Goldman Sachs, money goes in, and nothing gets done. They are a useless tumor.
.

No comments: