This is a post I made in response to a review of "Evidence of the Afterlife: The Science of Near-Death Experiences" made by the great NDE scholar "MarineBoy."
Here is a link to my post.
Here is the post:
There have been essentially no inroads made by science about what causes physical creation in the first place.
Just as astrophysicists are without any decent leads as to the initial cause of the physical universe, so are psychologists at a loss to identify what made our brains and bodies, and our consciousnesses.
Given this lack of insight about the deep causes of physicality - this cluelessness, really - it is to me untenable to strongly lean toward the notion that consciousness is strictly a by-product of the brain.
The question has to be asked if perhaps consciousness creates the brain. It has to be asked whether the brain is sort of like a stained glass window, created for a finite period of time, that selectively funnels and filters the sunlight of consciousness; and, when shattered or dirty, or somehow impaired, as in the case of a stroke or other brain damage, prevents the expression of the originating consciousness.
I know that some readers will reflexively file this perspective away in the creationist nutcase file.
But, I am not a creationist. I am simply noting that science's best efforts to discern the ultimate underlying cause of the human body, consciousness, and creation itself, have come up utterly blank.
.
Given this ongoing failure, we need to think outside of the box. The idea that consciousness made physical creation, and not the other way around, is certainly at least as good as any other hypothesis of what "started it all" in the first place.
***********************
Marineboy, I really like your posts. Amazon readers: we are very lucky to have a scholar so dedicated to his subject as Marineboy. Marineboy has read very deeply about the subject of NDEs. Marineboy gave the highest recommendation to "Otherworld Journeys" by Carol Zaleski, and I suggest "you all" take a look at it.
Disclaimer: No, I have never met or corresponded with Marineboy or Carol Zaleski. They're just great scholars, that's all.
.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment