03 August 2012

About me (post to eHarmony)


I am scholar and investigator by nature.  If you like to figure out what makes things tick, and like to talk about current events, and like to write and talk in general, that is one area where we will sync. I come from a line of academics, and it shows.  That said, I am not a squeaky-voiced weenie with horn-rimmed glasses.  What I do is read and write and think a whole lot.  I have harnessed this curiosity in various practical ways in my life.

Being naturally, automatically, one-on-one while dating or in a committed relationship is, to me, like showering and getting dressed - it is something I do unhesitatingly, because it it feels good, like warm sunshine. Not being monogamous is very uncomfortable to me.  I find it incredibly discourteous and shallow to take up another's time with a roving eye.  It's like texting in the middle of a serious conversation, times 5000. If you don't like something in our relationship, please say so, and let's work on it - or cut bait. Doing otherwise is, to me, massively lazy and inconsiderate. I want someone who is naturally monogamous on a DNA level, as it were; not someone who has to solemnly pledge to be monogamous to make it happen, as if it is an ambition, or a white-knuckle duty performed to help the relationship. Life is far too short to have any worries whatsoever about your partner dividing his/her attentions.   This is not to say I am controlling, at all.  On the contrary, I want someone who feels freedom and joy in monogamy, and feels that with monogamy a great burden has been lifted -- even if the dating relationship only lasts a relatively short time. If you feel otherwise, I want you, by all means, to take on other partners. Amazingly, to me, some get excited and galvanized by having more than one partner, or partners one right after another.  That's not me, at all. Again, I am anything but controlling.  I am about having great freedom. To me, monogamy is freedom.
.

No comments: