28 August 2012

Post about pot-use study

Here is post about a study saying teen pot use lowers IQ.

I had to to be brief to fit within the word limit.  The link follows:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19372456

BTW, my comment ended up as an editors' pick.  Only 11 of 800+ were selected as an Editors' Pick (as of this writing).

Add: eventually I got bumped.  total comments went up to 900+., but Editors' Picks' were dropped from 11 to 6.   Mine was cut. Comments were then closed for the article.

I concur with the findings. I was a teen pothead. Became less-sharp. Had been in the top 1% of IQ/SAT-type tests; then was only in top 3-5%. Couldn't put 3 or 4 facts in my head and manipulate them as well - would lose track, as if a wind gust scattered them. My read: Teen pot use makes the superior merely excellent; the excellent, good: the good, fair; the fair, poor; and the poor, on welfare.
.

No comments: